Monday, August 18, 2008

Let's Change Directions

I just finished a whole avocado. Slices of which were generously salted and wrapped in warm, skillet-grilled corn tortilla, they way the good Lord intended tortillas to be warmed. Said avocado was accompanied by homemade refried beans topped with mild, crumbly ranchero cheese and vegetarian enchiladas smothered in an earthy, deep red sauce.

Needless to say, I am very content right now.

Last post was a major bummer. Things have gotten better. My mom and I have talked since then. Now I just need to talk to my dad some more. But things will get better.

Anyway, on to other veins of thought and "conversation". I realized that while I live in an incredibly photogenic city, I have made little effort to share with you, my gentle readers, some of the incredible sights of the city. In that vein, I will now be sharing fun little photos of the city in which I live and just the stuff I see in life that catches my eye. There may be times when I will post a photo in a blog post, and it will have nothing to do with the content of the post. That is just to offer you the reader a fun little story/observation, and also 'Hey, here's a fun little photo, too.' Kind of like a party favor you might get if you went to party hosted by a neurotic Martha Stewart devotee.

Not that I am such a devotee nor that I would foist upon others gratuitous favors in order to further spike up the level of crazy pomp and circumstance at my own event. Sigh. I digress.

So here's a pic of me. What does it have to do with this post? Um, I look chill in this photo. I feel more chill.

You're just going to have to take these pics for what they're worth.

By the way, for those of you who don't know. This is what my hair would look like without the aid of modern styling conveniences.

No comments: